This software will operate on a network or stand-alone basis, for single or multiple users.
The workbook contains the programming that provides 'the mechanics'. It starts by creating a data file which securely stores the most recent number used - you can specify where this file is to be stored. From this your workbook can then import the next consecutive number to use.
The workbook contains one invoice template worksheet for immediate use with only minor customisation, or it can be easily changed to run as a Purchase Order or any other document you wish - you can even copy in your own worksheet, so you can easily make it work for you exactly the way you want.
There are many settings you can change, such as:
1. The cell to receive the automatic numbering and any text to be entered in front of the imported number.
2. Automatically import a new number on opening the document - Y/N
3. Format the imported number to include leading zeros
4. Set an increment for the numbering
5. A message to confirm the imported number - Y/N
6. The location and name of the Master data - this .dat file stores the last number used
(since you specify this name you can use multiple versions of this file eg one for invoices, one for PO's, etc
so long as you have purchased enough licenses.)
7. Automatically put the current date into your document upon opening - simply name the cell as GetDate in the Name Manager
Whether you wish to use the automatic save (and close) facility (Y/N) and the location to store these files
(clicking the button saves the file using the name you have given for the master data and the number imported)
8. Print a number of copies when saving with the automatic save facility
9. Whether you wish to use the automatic logging facility - each time you autosave a document certain data can be logged in a central Excel workbook elsewhere to act as an index. You specify which data is to be stored on the LogData sheet supplied by editing rows 1 and 2
and more besides ...
Why not try it out FREE and see if it works for you. You can set up your documents and try it out - on an evaluation basis you get unlimited use, except that it will not import numbers above 30 or log more than 30 documents.
Once it works you can purchase a license for the workbook you have already created and start using it immediately.